- Create a new spreadsheet.
- Label worksheets for different categories of materials (i.e. hackles, dubbing, hooks, threads, etc…)
- Place the various colors for the specific materials across the top.
- On the left place the name of the specific material.
- Where the color and the name intersect you can place an 'X' to indicate you have it or a number to indicate how many units of that item you have.
Now you have to go through all your stuff and add it to the spreadsheet. The nice thing is you can upload it to a Dropbox folder and keep updated copies on you smart phone at all times. That way when you are in your favorite fly shop picking up some materials for a new fly you can check to see if you already have the Estaz you need instead of buying yet another one.
Here are a couple links to empty spreadsheets to get you started.
Simply right click on the above link and select 'Save Link/Target as…' to save them to your hard drive.